Monday, September 16, 2019

The Best $5 I've Ever Spent

As a parent, have you ever spent money on something and it's basically the equivalent of flushing it down the toilet?  This past weekend, Kevin, Caroline, and I went to Bolivar, Missouri to visit Jack.  It was the first home game for the SBU Bearcats, and there was a possibility that Jack would get some playing time.  How could we miss that?

At the end of our visit, Caroline discovered that there was a zoo nearby.  On our way home, we stopped to visit.  I've decided that I'd like to take Caroline to different zoos and see how many we can visit before she leaves for school.  The best part about this particular zoo, is that it was a "reciprocal zoo".  That basically meant that our membership at the Dallas Zoo was good for admission to that zoo.  That was a nice surprise.

As she walked through the zoo, it was interesting to note the differences in how it is set up.  It's even different than the Ft. Worth Zoo.  But I digress.

As we wound our way through what she would consider "paradise" (but I would consider something entirely different), we found ourselves at the petting zoo.  This is where my $5 went down the drain.  Or more accurately, down the hatch.  The picture above trumped the spotting of the baby gorillas at the Dallas Zoo.  It was...an alpaca.  She LOVES alpacas.  She got to pet two and feed them. That's where my $5 went.  Towards food to feed them out of her hand.

In my opinion, that was $5 well spent.  Why?  Because my daughter was in heaven.  Over an alpaca.

No comments:

Who would've guessed it?

  Jason used to say, "Don't worry honey.  It'll click for him someday."  Well, that "someday" happened in high s...