Friday, March 27, 2020

Yes, My Daughter Calls Me “Tracey”

Tonight at Caroline’s track meet, I delivered her a quick snack. I ended up staying and watching her throw, but left as soon as she was done because it was cold. On my way out, we did the usual back and forth goodbye. Our banter is very us. Anyway. As a final goodbye, she yelled, “Bye Tracey!!”

Now, several adults have gotten on to her and said that calling me that is very disrespectful. I’m her mom after all. I’ll say this, my girl is respectful. It’s just an inside thing. Tonight was no different. Her track coach jokingly got on to her. To prove the point, she (apparently. I’m not sure because it never registered) yelled “Mom!” several times. I never turned around. She yelled, “Tracey!” and I immediately turned around. I further explained that we started this during one club volleyball season. She yelled “mom” over and over in a loud, over-crowded volleyball gym. Finally, in frustration, she yelled my name. I immediately turned around. 

So. She started calling me by my name. So, don’t get in to her. She’s not being rude, she just wants my attention.

No comments:

Who would've guessed it?

  Jason used to say, "Don't worry honey.  It'll click for him someday."  Well, that "someday" happened in high s...