Wednesday, June 6, 2012

No dear, that's not what Uncle Jeff is.

So last night, we were all in the den watching tv and Jack comes in and says, "Mom, what's a boner?" I silently cursed Jason for not being here to explain that, and Kevin for being in Austin. I have come to expect these questions since Jack watched the growth and development videos, but they still catch me off guard sometimes and I inwardly cringe knowing I have to explain. Im still glad that he feels comfortable enough to come and talk to me. The other part that makes me cringe is when Caroline is in the room. Compared to some of his other questions this wasn't bad. But still, goodness!! While I'm trying to figure out how best to explain what it is, Caroline interjects her idea, "You know Jack, that's what Uncle Jeff is." it took me a minute to figure out what she was talking about, but then my brain caught up. "um no honey. Uncle Jeff is a DONOR not a boner. " After the little chuckle, I explained what a boner was and then Caroline acknowledged that I was right, Uncle Jeff is a donor. She went on eating her popcorn snack before going to bed. Can't wait to hear the next question. Ugh!!

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...