Friday, March 23, 2012

Crossing that Bridge - Literally

When I was little, I was in Brownies.  That's the little Girl Scouts.  We didn't have many classification then, it was Brownies and Girl Scouts. When it came time to "Cross the Bridge" into Girl Scouts, I decided it wasn't my cup-o-tea.  So I concentrated on sports, mainly soccer and volleyball.  Fast forward to now.

Jack has completed his Cub Scouts years.  Tuesday was his day to "cross over" into Boy Scouts.  He's decided to go into a troop that has boys from our neighborhood in it, so I'm excited about that.  I really had to work hard not to laugh at the ceremony.  There was a wooden "bridge" for the boys to cross over on, and while it was a nice symbol I thought it was a little hokey.  I guess that's why I didn't buy into the whole Girl Scout thing, some of it seemed hokey.

Well, Jack crossed without any incident (no tripping or anything) and now is a member of Troop 777 (good number I thought).  He really did cross that bridge when he got to it. :) 

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...