Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Jack's Birthday

I laughed at myself last night as I thought about the movie City Slickers.  I was thinking about the scene at the beginning where Billy Crystal's character is having a birthday and his mom calls to tell him about the story of when he was born. 

Jack had asked me about it, since today is his birthday, and I found myself telling him all of the funny things that happened that day.  He seemed to enjoy it, and laughed when I told him that I'd picked up his dad at work while I was in labor (Contractions hadn't started yet, I was going in because Jack hadn't moved and they wanted me in since I was so close and that scared me).  I reminisced about the hamburger episode, the epidural on one side of the body, and absolute awe Jason felt watching Jack enter the world. 

I told Caroline her story as well, and again about the absolute awe Jason felt as she entered the world.  About how she had him wrapped around her finger the day we found out she was a girl.  I reminded them both that Jason and I always felt (and feel) that they are our greatest accomplishment in this world.

Happy 11th Jack!

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...