Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Say What?

A few weeks ago Caroline was telling us how excited she was about playing in her basketball game last week.  Apparently she was playing against a girl in another Adventure Guides group that they camp with.  As she was explaining the group to us, she mentioned the name of the group was the "Patchiminos".  Figuring it was just an "Adventure Guide" thing, I didn't ask her to clarify.  Days went by as we talked about the upcoming game and each time she mentioned the Patchiminos.  Each day I wondered what exactly a Patchimino was, and why they chose that name.

Finally, Jack couldn't handle it any longer and flat out asked her what on earth a Patchimino was.  She responded, "You know.  It's a horse."  Oh, you mean a Palomino. 

Either way, it'll always be a Patchimino to me.

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...