Monday, January 30, 2012

The Great Wolf Lodge

For Jack's birthday, he was given the choice of going to The Great Wolf Lodge or having a birthday party for friends.  He chose the Great Wolf Lodge, so I made reservations for the weekend after his birthday.  We went this past weekend, and I know they had fun. 

I have to say I wasn't really impressed with it, but then again I've been spoiled by the Hyatt Hill Country.  The kids absolutely loved it.  Jack and Caroline both took their own money and purchased wands to use and play a game that required them to run rampant around the hotel collecting clues and riddles so they could end up battling a dragon.  Allie went with them on their journey through the MagiQuest, but they could only handle about an hour and half of it because the game took them, literally, through out the hotel.  They couldn't go in order from one floor to another, they had to go in order from floor to floor and back again.  There was more stair climbing in that hour and a half than has ever occur ed in their entire lives.

So after climbing stairs to get to the awesome water slides and then throughout the hotel (you couldn't take the elevator) the kids were tired.  But that didn't keep them from going to the arcade that night and then on a little bit of MagiQuest before bed.  Bless Kevin's heart because, knowing I was tired and didn't feel well (sinus trouble), he went to the arcade and kept the kids in line.

Jack and Caroline returned to the water park the next morning and stayed for another three hours before we left to come back home.  Jack said he had an excellent time, so I'm guessing he did.  Caroline wants to go back for her birthday.  So I'll start saving now, it wasn't cheap even for one night.

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...