Monday, January 30, 2012

The big 4-0

This weekend I'll turn 40.  So far I haven't gotten too excited about it.  Since Jason got sick and then passed away I haven't gotten too into the whole birthday thing.  I'm thankful for making it another year, but just not excited.  I know the kids will get me cards, and maybe even Caroline will make it, but other than that it's just another birthday.

There won't be a party, like someone who's turning 40 should have.  I'll have a family party probably.  My mother-in-law usually sees to that.  So here's to turning 40.  I've decided that I'm going to make a list of "50 things to do before I turn 50."  I got that idea from my principal, thought it was a good one. 

I'm sure I'll start finding birthdays something worth celebrating in the future, but right now I just can't.

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...