Monday, November 14, 2011

Jack's Life Lessons

This six weeks has found Jack in a bit of a quandary.  I've decided to let him sink or swim when it comes to his work.  He was quite happy about it at first, but has since decided he doesn't like it too much.  Here are some of the Hard Life Lessons he's learned so far:

1) By not helping you, I'm helping you.
2) It's called a dictionary.
3) When I say that the Xbox doesn't come on until 8, and you run over to a friends to play to play on their Xbox for an hour, you've just used up all of your time and our Xbox doesn't come on at all.
4) just because you're almost taller than me, you still order from the kid's menu.
5) your sister is now strong enough to defend herself.
6) a mom's favorite words to hear from her child are..."I'm BORED!".  Oh really? Well, you're in luck!!!!!
7) you do nothing until all of your homework and classwork are done.

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...