Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I made it to Mineral Wells!

A few weeks ago, Jack went camping with a group of Boy Scouts to see how he liked their troop.  I knew he was tired because he'd just gotten back from Sky Ranch, but he needed to go so he can cross over in the Spring if he wants to (which, he'll want to).  Long story short, I ended up going to get him at the camp because he REALLY missed home, and we had to be in Frisco by 1 o'clock.  But he ended up staying the whole weekend.

Anyway, the camp is at Possum Kingdom Lake and to get there I had to go through Mineral Wells. The entire drive there took 2.5 hours, and it was raining.  As I drove along, I thought back to the time Jason and I tried to drive out to Mineral Wells to see where it was because Jason had a job interview there for an assistant principal.  At that time, I was applying Jason to all the small districts I could think of in hopes he'd get a shot at doing what he was meant to do.  Sometimes he didn't know I did it because I never said anything about it and the places never called, so ignorance was bliss.  Until Mineral Wells.

That was the year Jack was born (in January) and we'd gone to Hawaii on a trip (in June, without Jack).  While we were there, Mineral Wells called and asked for an interview.  We quickly found a map and looked where it was (not far from Ft. Worth...on a map), and he accepted if only to get experience interviewing.

When we returned from Hawaii, we both committed the ultimate no-no when traveling through time zones.  We were bushed and slept as soon as we got home.  So that meant that at 2 o'clock in the morning we were wide awake.  It was raining at the time, and Jason said, "Let's drive out to Mineral Wells to see where exactly it is."  So we got in the car and took off.  Thank Goodness we did that!  We made it to Ft. Worth and saw the sign that said how far Mineral Wells was from Ft. Worth and we decided it wasn't worth it and turned around.

Jason called the next day and apologized but said the drive would have been too much and we couldn't afford to get an apartment for him in Mineral Wells to stay during the week.  Plus, he had a newborn and wanted to spend time with him instead of in the car driving or living in another town. 

Thank the Lord he did that.  He ended up in a wonderful place, Little Elm, working with wonderful people and was able to see his kids every night.

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...