Friday, September 16, 2011

Scatter Brained

Here are some thoughts from the last month or so...

*We started going to this program called "Journey of Hope".  It's a grieving support group for children.  I thought Caroline was doing well but she bottles stuff up so there's no telling.  Monday was our first meeting.  I guess it went well.  I hate talking about things with strangers, I went mostly for the kids.  Jack seemed to have a good time.  Caroline had a good time.  On the way home she said, "The best part mom, is that everyone had lost their dad!"  I know that sounds bad, but if you only knew what she's been going through (feeling like she's the only one without a dad) then you'd understand why this was a good statement.

*It seems like the summer hot weather is over for this year.  We had a couple of days of 100 plus degrees this week, but it's gone back down into the 80's.  We broke the record of 100 plus degree days that 1980 held for so long.  At least something good came out of the heat wave.

*It seems Kevin is becoming accepted into the family.  Especially Jason's family.  I know it's hard for them, but Kevin seems to be carrying on some of the lessons Jason wanted to teach the kids.

*I love third grade!

*Football has started.  Flag and NFL.  Caroline is playing flag football this year and absolutely loves it.  The Cowboys lost their first game of the season.  It really wasn't too bad because they lost to the Jets on September 11th.  I kinda thought that was a little okay.  Better than losing to the Eagles!

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...