Thursday, May 26, 2011

State Standardized Testing

Well, the State of Texas has finally posted their results for the last administration of the TAKS test.  I'm proud to say that Jack passed all three of his tests...Math, Reading, and Writing.  This year he was commended in Reading again, which is better than last year when he was "condemned" (see post from last year at this time).  He is very proud of the results because Math is not his strongest subject. 

I'm relieved because I just am.  He has changed considerable this passed year, and according to my mother-in-law is right on schedule with Jason.  You see, Jason had a hard time in school.  He wasn't the most organized person in the whole world and things just didn't click very fast (didn't with me either).  His mom and dad worked with him constantly and eventually (I believe it was 5th grade) it clicked.  He got organized and started doing well studying. 

Jack has made tremendous progress this year in regards to the same things that Jason struggled with.  He's more organized (he carries his whole desk in his backpack) and has become very good at putting things in the correct folder.  He has developed a system and it works for him.  His confidence has improved greatly this year, and it has a lot to do with the fact that he liked ALL of his teachers.  He even loves the substitute that took over for his teacher when she had her babies.  I believe that the babies will be coming up for their first public outing to the school today (Jack has kept me updated). 

So overall, this year was a success for him (and his sister).  It's almost over and then here comes Summer!  Yea!

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...