Thursday, May 26, 2011

Okay Caroline, the threat is over now...

So the other night when we had the tornadoes and bad weather Caroline started putting things that were important to her into our safe place.  It was fun looking at what she picks out as important and figuring out why it was important to her.  But when the storms passed and we could resume our normal lives, I cleaned out the items and put them back where she'd gotten them from. 

This morning, I went back into my closet to get my clothes for the day and I almost step on some more items she's put into the closet since Tuesday night.  There was her piggy bank she'd made at one of the clay stores, more pictures of her and her dad, more pillow pets, pictures she's drawn, her baby book, and more crayons. 

Okay, we need to have a talk.  The threat is over, but she is still putting items in my closet.  Maybe I'll just find a spot for them and leave them there for the next natural disaster we have.

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...