Sunday, January 9, 2011

Let it Snow!

It snowed today.  I awoke to find Jack looking at me with a sad look on his face.  He was bummed because it was raining and he thought it was supposed to snow.  We went to brunch at our standard Sunday restaurant and by the time we left it had started to sleet.  By the time we got home it had begun to mix with snow and it didn't take long for it accumulate a little bit.  The kids did their standard snow stuff: snowball fights, snow men (albeit leafy ones), and played with friends all afternoon.  By the end of the day, the roads were dry but the snow was still on the ground.  There's supposed to be more sleet coming tonight, so I hope it doesn't make the roads too slick. 

Typical of Texas though, it won't stay long.  But that's the way I like it.  Long enough to enjoy it, but not long enough to disrupt life (because we know it would...it's Texas after all).  It stayed long enough for the kids to have fun and get their fix.

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...