Monday, November 29, 2010

Underoos


I was in Austin this weekend and was out enjoying the cool evening with a friend.  We were talking about Thanksgiving traditions and I explained about the tradition I had growing up.  Going to my Granny's house and basically experiencing a family reunion.  It was very laid back and comforting, but the drive up there was usually horrific.  We went on I-35 north, and for those of you that have to travel that you know what I mean.  I talked about one year, my mom and dad pulled off in Ardmore, OK and we stayed at a Ramada Inn close to the highway.  There's a picture of it somewhere at my sister's house.  In the picture, my sisters and I are at the table having breakfast before moving on up to Paul's Valley and Highway 19.  In it, I'm still in my PJ's.  Wonder Woman underoos. 

Kevin and I started reminiscing about underoos in general, and then had to explain to his youngest daughter what they were.  We got online and found that the old commercial for it on YouTube and a site that sold underoos for adults.  It was really funny remembering the underoos and the fun we had wearing them.  It helped lighten up a depressing holiday.

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...