Saturday, September 25, 2010

20 years and counting

Tonight was my 20th high school reunion.  I stayed longer than I had planned, which is a good thing.  But over the course of 2 days I've learned a lot about reunions and myself.  Instead of writing a dissertation on the topic, I'll just list what I've learned.

* No matter how many years you're removed from high school, reunions always tend to suck you back to that time in your life (good, bad or indifferent).

* High School cliques still exist 20 years later.
* I still like to people watch.
* The people I want to see, I stay in contact with more often than 20 years.
* It's much better to go with someone.
* You learn alot about how far you've come when you are face to face with former classmates.
* I learned I didn't pay attention in high school.
* Thank God for name-tags. :)
* I don't like to relive the "glory days".
* The most interesting job I heard about was a guy who was an "ethical hacker".  Love that one!
* I can now say I've experienced a reunion.

* I'm stronger than I thought.

1 comment:

Mo said...

Good for you, I'm so glad that you went!

Hope you are doing well and training is going well too.

:) Mo

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...