Thursday, August 19, 2010

Now, I'm angry.

Many of you may, or may not know, that last week my car was hit while parked.  At the time, I wasn't that angry for several reasons.  1) the girl stuck around to give me her information, 2) it sounded like she was going to get it big time when she got home, 3) what good would it have done?  The whole situation somewhat irritated me though.   I mean, my car was parked, she was backing up, and in the small confines of the parking lot, she should have been careful.  Should have been  are the key words here. 

I found out today that my car will be ready tomorrow (after 5 days without it), and that it took longer because there had been some structural damage to it.  Structural damage?  So that tells me volumes about what happened.  She was probably 1) in a hurry, 2) wasn't going slow, 3) not paying attention, 4) not driving smart.  I mean, honestly, she was backing up for goodness sake!  To do the amount of damage she ended up doing, she had to be moving fast (backwards!).  What if someone had been walking up behind her?  What if a mom and her kids had been getting ready to pass behind my car when it was hit?  The girl wouldn't have been able to stop, or see, or react. 

That's what makes me angry.  She was being stupid. Stupid drivers bother me.

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...