Sunday, July 11, 2010

A whole bunch of Randomness

I have written down several observations over the last few days.  They're random to say the least, but they're just things I've noticed.

* Last night the kids and I went to see an Elvis impersonator with Grammy in Grand Prairie.  They recreated the Hawaii concert, so there were hula girls as the "pre-show".  I had no idea that there was a dance school for hula dancing.  It looked like excellent exercise.

* At the beginning of the hula dancers, the kids were totally not excited.  The hula girls were dressed in pseudo authentic attire - bikini tops and grass skirts.  Towards the end of the performance, Jack looked at me and said, "You know mom, they sure do know how to shake those things."  There's this long pause and then he adds, "Skirts.  They sure know how to shake the skirts."

* Caroline did NOT understand why all of the women were screaming and clamouring for a kiss from the Elvis guy.  She was very disgusted when he had these scarves around his neck and gave them to women who'd gone to line up at the stage.  She said, "But he's rubbed his sweat on them.  That's gross!" 

* He went through the whole concert without seeing, "Can't help falling in love" which was the song Jason and I danced to at our wedding.  The little bugger slid it in at the very end.  Not cool!

* I drove to San Antonio today and picked up the kids and the aunts at the airport.  I was basically the pack mule in the whole thing. 

* When did Interstate 35 change their speed limit to 65 mph from Dallas to MILFORD (just outside Carl's Corner)?  Not right.

* I miss the dancing frogs at Carl's Corner.

* The left lane is FOR PASSING ONLY.

* The pick up process in Arrivals is TOTALLY CHAOTIC at the San Antonio airport.

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...