Thursday, June 3, 2010

Jack is a condemned man.

I got home from school yesterday and Jack was really excited. He was playing his Nintendo DS and was really excited. Here's a dialogue of that conversation:

Jack: "Mom guess what?"
Mom: "What Jack?"
Jack: "I got CONDEMNED!"
Mom: "You got what?" slightly confused.
Jack: "I got condemned!"

Mom: condemned? what is he talking about? "Oh! You got COMMENDED."

Jack: Yeah, that's what I said.

Mom: Jack that's great! Can I see the scores?

Jack: No, I don't have them.

Mom: Well then how do you know you're commended?

Jack: My teacher told me. But I got a certificate for it.

Mom:" You got a certificate for being commended?" you don't get certificates for being commended.

Jack: It's in my backpack.

What was in his backpack was a certificate for the A/B honor roll. He finally achieved the goal that he and Jason had set back in January.

Turns out he was also "condemned" on the Reading portion of TAKS.



I asked if he had

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...