Thursday, December 17, 2009

I figured that after 17 years it was time.

This weekend we're having a garage sale. Jason says it's a yard sale, but who cares. We are having a sale. We have collected several items from various members of our family and from around our house. I went over to my sister's house tonight (it is the house we grew up in) and while the kids were visiting with my younger sister I went up to the spare room and started rummaging through some boxes of my old stuff. I brought home quite a bit to sell and some stuff that will never be sold as long as I'm alive. It has been sitting in my sister's house since I moved out and hasn't gone anywhere, so tonight I decided it was time to move them out and do something with them.

There are 3 boxes of stuffed animals. Most are going in the sale but there are several I've "saved" and will keep for some time. One of them was my equivalent to Jack's Spooky. I thought it was a "duck" but apparently it's not (time does play tricks with the mind)--it's a chick. Anyway, it has a bell inside of it that rings when it moves. So every time you walk and are holding this animal it rings the bell. I loved that thing. There are other things Caroline has claimed, but that was the one stuffed animal I wanted to keep.

The other find I made was that I found my Baby Book. I thought I'd lost it a long time ago and was ecstatic to find my baby picture. It was fun looking through the boxes, but I knew it was time to move them. They'll bring another child very happy.

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...