Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Word of the Day

Periodically I hear my kids say things that just tickle me. Mostly, it's Caroline. Jack used to be this way, but he has a bigger vocabulary not that he's reading so I haven't heard much out of him in terms of words and how he uses them.

Last week, Caroline's word for the day was "stragedy". It meant the same as strategy, but was mixed with tragedy. A few weeks ago, after our city was pounded by spring storms, Jack's word for the day was "catastrophe". Everything was a catastrophe.

Today, it was again Caroline who provided the word for the day. The word was: "Petunia fish." Okay, so it's two words, but it was still funny. I had eaten tuna fish for lunch and she came in and tried some (she's not a fan). Later on in a discussion with Jack she told him that I had had Petunia fish for lunch. He either didn't know what she was saying, but didn't say anything to her or he knew it was really tuna fish but didn't want to waste the energy and argue with her.

Regardless, our word for the day was Petunia fish.

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...