Friday, May 11, 2012

Oi Vay!

The end of year at school is always a challenge.  The state pushes throughout the year to get ready for STAAR.  Our curriculum is set out in such a way that we have pretty much accomplished our TEKS by the time STAAR comes around in late April.  That leaves one month of school for us to "Step Up" to the next grade level.  I like this time of year because in order to step-up we get to teach in really fun ways that would normally be time consuming and difficult to do otherwise.   Especially in the lower grade I teach.  Earlier in the year, most of my students wouldn't have been able to understand most of the technology things we would do. 

My students are definitely suffering from Summer-Is-Comingitis.  I've had to revert back to the way I was at the beginning of the year so that we can get our work done.  I don't like doing this, but it's the best way to go so that we can accomplish what we need to get done before the end of the year. 

Oh well, summer's around the corner.

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...