Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Recliner

I'm not sure when we got it, but I know at some point Jason came home with a red recliner.  He LOVED that chair.  It has been in our house since he died, and I can't bring myself to remove it. 

Recently, Kevin and I purchased a new sectional couch and that began a remodel of furniture.  My mother in law loves to go to home tours with her daughter, and because of it she has some really great ideas.  She has done wonders with the furniture, and I really like how it all is placed.  But then, I got the text.

My mother in law had moved the recliner into the garage because it didn't quite go with the layout of furniture.  I was heart-broken (yes, I know it sounds weird).  I mean, it was his recliner.  He'd worked long and hard days and would come home and lounge in it.  After his first round of chemotherapy and lung surgery, the recliner was the only place he could sleep soundly.  He'd sit and play video games in that recliner, often times with Jack, sometimes he'd fall asleep with Caroline in his lap.  It was just his. 

I decided to give it away to somebody.  I just don't know who.  It has to be someone special, because it was Jason's.

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...