Monday, December 26, 2011

Dreams

I have tried to convey to the kids that when they dream of Jason it's his way of communicating with them to let them know he's okay.  This seems to bring comfort to them because he's always healthy and happy.  Jack agrees that dreams are the best way for angels to communicate with us, after all, we'd probably die of a heart attack if someone we loved, who'd passed on, showed up one day and said, "Hey, how's it going?"

I had one of those dreams this weekend, but it wasn't Jason.  I dreamt that I had gone to my grandparents house in Chickasha, Oklahoma to rest and get away.  It was kind of weird because their house was at is always was.  Furniture was where it should have been, nothing had changed except of course they were both dead.  I had taken the kids and Kevin up there to see the Christmas light show that the city always does at the local park.  When we returned to the house, there were several cars in the driveway and I thought it was weird because we weren't expecting anyone. 

When I went in, my Grandpa was sitting in his lazy boy recliner like he always did and my daughter was laying on his lap sleeping, like I had done when I was her age.  I went and bent down next to him and put a hand on his arm and said, "You're not supposed to be here."  He replied, "I know. But I had to see my beautiful great-granddaughter and you."  I introduced him to Kevin and explained that he and I were dating now.  He extended his hand to Kevin and they shook hands.  My Granny called out from the kitchen and came and gave Kevin a big hug.  Flabbergasted I looked at her and also mentioned she shouldn't be there, and her response was the same.  She wanted to see my children and me.  And to meet the newest member of our family.

That's when I woke up.  I'm sure Kevin was shocked beyond belief when I woke up crying from my dream because I miss them so much, instead of being rested.  It took me a minute to figure out where I was, and of course was somewhat embarrassed when I realized I'd been crying. It just seemed so real.

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...