Monday, April 25, 2011

New Beginnings

I've always looked at Easter and a time for new beginnings, kind of like a New Year (except in April, not January).  Last year, at Easter I was hoping for more time with Jason, but that didn't happen.  Instead, I found myself in a new situation...young widow with two small children.  I know that for a while I had been a single mom, it was just that Jason was available if I needed him to talk to the kids or something.  But now I was without him and wondering how on Earth I was going to make it.

Well, the year has passed and we finally (and I mean it!) have made it through our last first.  Jason died last year after Easter because it had come earlier than this year.  As I sat in church with Jason's family, the kids and Kevin I realized that this year will be a year of more beginnings.  Some will be scary, others will be happy, and others I don't really know yet how to feel about them.  I do know that no matter what, God and Jason will be there to help me through whatever it is that troubles me.  I might not understand why it happens, but I must look for the positive no matter what.

So here's to new beginnings.  Happy Easter everyone.

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...