Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Change

This coming Wednesday, my son and his fellow fourth graders will be watching their growth and development video.  Fun times, let me tell you.  Jack already knows a good deal about some things, but there are some issues I'm not sure if he knows about because he doesn't talk about them with me.  Which I totally understand.  So I've enlisted the help of my step-brother and father-in-law to help Jack with any questions that he might have.  I've done some research and I've found that most boys don't start going through their changes until the age of 11 or 12.  Unfortunately, I've already noticed some things about Jack that indicate he's starting early.  For example, his voice is cracking.  He's been complaining that his throat hurt, and I assumed he was suffering from allergies.  I'm still holding out hope for that one, but the other day he went high pitched and then low.  He was a little embarrassed, but I explained that was part of what happens.  He's also been breaking out, so we've had to create a checklist of what he has to do morning and night and when he's in the shower. 

This is going to get interesting and I hope that I can help him get through this as unscathed as possible.  God I wish Jason was here.  This is his department.

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...