Friday, January 21, 2011

Pinewood Derby

Yes, it's that time of year again.  It's the Cub Scout's Pinewood Derby.  Last year didn't go very well, but at least Jason was there to see it.  This year will be difficult for him because he really wishes his dad could come.  Just like years past, Jack and his Pa built the car.  Jack has gotten better with tools, so Pa is letting him do more cutting.  Jack also designed the car himself, even going so far as to research on the Internet car designs that might give him an edge.  He cut the wood, sanded it, painted it and even convinced his Pa to take him to Elliot's hardware to try it out.  Satisfied with his time on their track he declared the car done and put stickers on it to decorate it.  He decided that he should paint it green (in honor of Berkner High School and his dad) but put on American emblem stickers just to be patriotic.

I'm so proud of him.  In the last year he has matured so much.  I'm beginning to see glimpses of the man he could become and I'm proud of what I see.

Good luck Jack!

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...