Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Things My Daughter Says That Crack Me Up!

Caroline is an interesting sort of bird.  She will often say things that are on her mind, like it or not.  Also, she'll say things that when the "attitude" is applied you feel like an utter idiot.  There are sometimes, however, that she will say things that make me laugh and she's done so unintentionally.

For example:

1) We were in a parking lot one day leaving from the bookstore and heading back to the Cooper Clinic to pick up Jack.  As I rolled over the speed bump, these two elderly ladies (late 70's, early 80's I'd say) were crossing to get to the Pharmacy that was located in the same shopping center as the bookstore.  From the backseat I hear, "You know mom.  You should really stop for those ladies because they're OLD.  And everybody knows that really old people aren't flexible so if you hit them they would fall to the ground and more than likely die."

2) Today, Jack wants to call Aunt Sara and tell her that we'll pick her up from the airport Friday evening.  Now, Jack has a problem when talking on the phone where he'll speak quietly and, more often than not, mumble.  When he calls and speaks to his Grammy and Pa (who are hard of hearing to start with) he's always encouraged to speak up and speak clearly.

So as he dialed her number I said, "Now remember Jack you need to speak clearly and speak up."  From the backseat I hear Caroline say, "Why is she OLD?"

3) This one was a written note.  One day, Jack made Caroline POed at him (what's new?).  So she went into her room and on a piece of paper wrote in perfectly formed cursive letters:  "Dear Jack,  You are an IDIOIT!  Love, Caroline."  At least the girl spells phonetically.

Those are just a few.

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...