Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My 13th Wedding Anniversary

Yep, that's right. Another first without Jason. I put out our Wedding flag and will leave it out for a few days. My in-laws gave me a metal bench with outdoor cushions for sitting and watching the kids play. I got a beautiful rose from my mother-in-law's rose bushes with a sweet card.

The kids and I went to Main Event for Monday Night Madness (all you can play bowling and laser tag for $9.95/person). Kirsten and Dana met us there and we bowled 3 games and Jack played about 6 games of laser tag. When one game was over, he'd run out of the room and sign up for the next one. Kirsten and Caroline played one game of laser tag, but then Caroline took her game card and went to play games. Kirsten hung with Caroline and Dana hung with Jack, so I was able to float between the two and take some pictures. Fun was had by all, I think. When Caroline had used all of her money she cashed in her tickets and then she and Kirsten went home. After Jack tired of laser tag, he used his money. I think he and I got home around 9:30. We had left at 5:15 so we stayed for a long time. Between the admission for the bowling/laser tag, the fun cards, and the pizza and drinks, I spent about what Jason and I would have spent on a nice dinner for our anniversary. I think it was a nice way to spend the evening.

While I was getting ready for bed the song he'd sing to me as he gave me my card popped into my head. I got sad thinking about how much I missed him, but was reminded that maybe that was him singing to me.

At least that's it until Father's day. June-August will be a light month for us in terms of first. Thank goodness. May was torture, so I think I deserve a little break.

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...