Sunday, January 3, 2010

Yeah it might be the Year of the Tiger for some, but for me it's the Year of Me!

I have come to the realization over the last few weeks that my family is getting to the point where they don't need me to do everything for them.

The kids are on a new schedule and have new chores to do, and you know what? They're doing them. It's been kind of a struggle and I've had to supervise a little bit, but it's not too bad. Jason's getting better. His hands still bother him some, but he's been doing a lot better about being able to get around on his crutches (and the added benefit is that it's building arm muscle).

So this year is the Year of Me. I have to admit that some of the things I'm vowing to change I'll have to schedule until they become a habit, but it's a start. I'm not going into detail about how that will happen or what it will look like, I'm just putting it out there. I tell my school kids when I'm up teaching, "It's not about you right now, it's about me. As soon as you've mastered this concept, it'll be about you. Until then, it's about me."

Now, I'm moving it into my personal life.

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...