Saturday, December 12, 2009

My week in 30 seconds.

My week has been very busy. I usually get done with my work about 11:00 p.m. and then go to bed. So I haven't had much time to blog or anything else much. So here are the highlights of what I was able to commit to memory.

*My daughter wrote a paper and illustrated some that she "liked" (that was their word wall word of the week). It had a picture of her and someone else playing in the park. Her caption read, "I like to play in the pok." She spelled it like it sounded (she can't make her "r" on a regular basis). That made me smile and so I put it on the frig.
* My son had his math benchmark this week. He has been working hard and I know that his confidence isn't the best. However, his grades have been steadily improving. If you aren't aware of his struggles at his new school, read up on the blog. Anyway, the benchmark was Wednesday and he was pretty nervous (as was I). My class had taken their benchmarks and so I let him look through the tests and see if he could make a conclusion about why some kids did okay while others didn't. Basically, the ones that showed their work and took their time passed and the ones that rushed and didn't show their work failed. His teacher commented that he showed more work than he usually does and finished about in the middle of the pack. He made a 71! Whohooooo!
* We had a family portrait last night. The first one in about 3 years. I can't wait to get them.
*Caroline had her ears pierced today. It was her decision and I took her (along with Aunt Sara). Caroline kept changing her mind only because she knew it was going to hurt. Before we left I gave her the lecture that once we started there was no going back. I was encouraged because it was a shock at first but then she was fine. However, right before the lady went to do the other ear Caroline panicked and wanted to leave. I told her she had to get the other one done because she'd already had one ear pierced. After a bribe to take her to the Build A Bear workshop afterward, we finally got the second one done.
*Jason's feet have been killing him and that worries me. There's a strong possibility that his district will do away with his job and so he'll have to find employment elsewhere. If that happens and he can't walk then he might not get a job. His blood numbers have been slowly increasing and getting into the normal range, but his feet have been getting worse. So finally his doctor concluded that it wasn't GVH and was something else so now Jason has a doctor's appointment on Thursday. One good thing was that his doctor perscribed an anti-inflammatory which has helped tremendously.
*My younger sister is moving back to Texas. YEA!!!!!
*5 more school days until the Winter Break!
*My principal announced in my grade level meeting this past week that I needed to come up with and write (and include all of the copies I'll use) to address what I'm going to do to help all of the students who failed the benchmarks get up to speed before TAKS. Yeah, all 6 of them out of 42. I understand how this is going to help them, but when their needs are basically the same, what good does it do to make an individual plan for each one? Oh, and it has to be done on top of the lesson plans for each week. Ooookay!
*I'm going to have to have my yard sale next weekend. It was yucky today, so we didn't do it.
*Simple and elegant doesn't make you a Scrooge. I only put out the red and green flood lights, the blow up Santa, the Rudolf thing, and the train outside. That's all I'm doing, because I'll be the one that has to take it down.
*There's a difference between TON of lights done right and a house that looks like the Christmas fairy puked all over it.

Okay, so maybe it took a little longer than 30 seconds but it was a busy week.

1 comment:

KC said...

I loved this Week in Review report! :) Sounds like there is a lot to be thankful for and happy about, even if things have been crazy-busy and there have been setbacks or obstacles, too. Keep up the great attitude -- only 4 1/2 more days till Holiday Break!

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...