Sunday, August 16, 2009

Last day of Freedom!

Today was the last day of my freedom. I go back to school tomorrow to begin a new year. Yea-rah! I'm not really excited about it. Maybe it's because this year is my sixteenth year or I just don't like my administration. Could be a little of both. My principal and I have a definite difference in philosophies about principal/teacher/parent relations. I believe in following district policies for discipline with the older students, while my principal doesn't like confrontation. I've blogged about this before, so I won't dwell on it. I noticed when looking at my class list that there are two boys in my class that have had differences in the past, to the point where one of the parents was always demanding meetings and got rather vocal about it. Considering both boys have had difference to that extreme why would they be put in the same class AGAIN. I'm going to see if I can talk to my principal about it tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath.

Anyway, so how did I spend my last day of freedom? I had a great day with my daughter. We all got up this morning and went to the early church service. Then we sent them to Sunday School, and that was followed up with lunch. After lunch, Caroline and I went to the Sally Beauty Supply and got finger nail polish (we'd painted our nails last night). She got hot pink, purple, and Hibiscus (darker normal looking pink) and I got a cherry red. We also got a two nail files and some cuticle thingys (can't you tell I normally don't paint my nails) and some stickers.

When we got home we went into her room and did our nails. She painted my toe-nails (and did a surprisingly good job) and I painted hers. She put a sticker on my big toes, and I put some stickers on her big toes. My toes are one color, hers are a pattern (her big toe is half pink, half purple) pink, purple, pink, purple. Her nails are the hibiscus color. She also put stickers on her nails. She's happy with herself. :)

So now I'm getting ready to take my dog for a walk and then pack my lunch. Yea! But at least I have that fun memory. We plan on doing our nails again next weekend.

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...