Saturday, July 18, 2009

Fun times today.

Today I hosted a Homemade Gourmet party. A friend of mine works for the company and I attended her first HG party last month. It's kind of funny actually. We reconnected with each other recently through facebook, and I hadn't seen her since high school. Anyway, we played a game and I got the "Host a Party" card. So, mine was today.

I accidentally scheduled it on the day of Jack's Scout event at Hawaiian Falls water park, so Jason gamely took the kids. I love my husband. He's really thoughtful and is getting to the point now, since his illness, that he helps out a lot. Now, there are some things he still has trouble with. For example, the heat just zaps him. So I really appreciated him taking the kids. The scouts had reserved a pavilion, but it was one of those that partially blocked the sun so it was miserable for him. He kept the kids out for 2 hours, and brought Caroline home after the party was over. They'd stayed for 2 hours and she was done. Jack wasn't quite done, so one of the Scout parents brought Jack home.

Mostly my family came to the party. Most of my friends that I invited either didn't reply or had something else planned, so I really appreciated my family coming. I think the party went well. My older sister and mom are going to host a party in September I think. Kirsten is traveling alot this month for pleasure and next month for business so that's when I think they'll do the party.

So here's to family. They're the best!

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...