Monday, July 20, 2009

You know a commercial is good when...

Today Jason had a doctor's appointment. He'd had one two weeks ago but his overall liver numbers and glucose numbers were high (Graft-vs-host disease side effects) so they put him on an extra medicine (glucofage ?) and wanted to see him back. He was also scheduled to have a bone density test to see if they were causing any bone deficiencies with the Prednisone. So he asked me to go with, and I did.

We were sitting in the waiting room at Radiology waiting for them to call his name and send him to get his X-rays and we were talking about his car. He's really excited about it, and he should be. It's a nice car. I have to schedule a time this week to take it up and have the windows tinted and the spoiler put on it. Jason and I were talking about names for his new car. He said it had to be a girl's name and had asked for suggestions from his friends. He couldn't remember some of them, but said that he was already thinking of a name. He wanted the car to be named, "Christine." I HATE that name, it's a psycho car name. So he's still thinking on it.

Anyway, I was working on Caroline's birth record that I've been cross stitching for some time. I figured working on it would help pass the time, and as I was working I was listening to Jason talk about his car. All I heard was, "Once we get the spoiler, tinted windows, and different muffler on it, it'll be great." I kept working on it, and even continued on with the conversation. In mid-sentence I said, "Wait, go back. What was that?" Jason said, "What?" I told him that it was just like that commercial, you know the one about Rollover minutes where the husband runs over the rollover minutes in the yard and the wife is appalled that there are minutes everywhere. The husband explains that he was using them as ball marker for his new iron. The wife continues lamenting that not everyone has rollover minutes and then says, "Wait, wait back up. What new iron?"

That's how we felt during this conversation except the new iron was the muffler. We got a good chuckle out of it. So either the commercial is just really good or we've heard it way too much.

1 comment:

KC said...

This one cracked me up -- glad you guys are keeping your sense of humor even at these dr's appointments!

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...