Monday, July 27, 2009

Day 3 - Toronto

Since we're staying in Toronto we decided that today would be "Explore Toronto Day." It was a good idea, because even though it was partly cloudy it didn't rain on us as we explored. Yesterday it rained the entire day here in the Toronto area, but not at the Falls.

We walked around for about 4 hours and I"m glad Kirsten knew where she was going because I was lost. I exchanged my money for purchases, but didn't really spend much. I did most of my spending yesterday but since most of the banks were closed I either charged it or used American money (at the Falls they take both). We had a late breakfast so lunch didn't come until about 2:30. I was hungry by then, so it was welcomed. We ate a Le Select Bistro. And let me tell you, if you didn't know where it was you wouldn't just "happen" on it. It's off on some side street and not something you would be walking past. We only knew of it because the manager at Cava (where we ate Saturday night) mentioned it to us. It was great. I had the best quiche I've had in awhile. I like quiche, but my family doesn't so I don't make them.

After exchanging our money we walked to Chinatown and walked through a movie set. They were setting up to film a scene in a movie. Kirsten recognized one of the actresses, but I'd never heard of the movie so I wasn't surprised I didn't know who she was. I learned today that Toronto is sometimes used in place of New York City. Cheaper here to shoot I guess. We walked through some vintage stores and then over to a museum that was closed on Mondays. That was a bummer. We then took the Metro to the Cookbook store. After that we worked our way down to the bistro. It was interesting looking at all of the architecture. High rises are being built, but there are old Anglican churches and buildings, and then really modern, contemporary looking buildings.

We had to come back to the hotel so Kirsten could get some work done. But by then I needed a nap. We'd walked alot. Tonight we're going to go to Old Town and have dinner. Tomorrow, our flight doesn't leave until 6:45 p.m. so we're going to go to the Hockey Hall of Fame and then a distillery. It should be another full day. Thank goodness my mom is keeping the kids one more night. I"ll be excited to see Jason and them, but I'll need a little bit of time to rest up from the busy day.

I've enjoyed Canada and would like to come back and visit. First, I'd like to visit with Jason and share some of the things we've seen. Then we can come back with the kids. Maybe when Jack's in 6th grade and studying World History we can come back.

2 comments:

MJP & SJP said...

Man, that sounds like a great trip!

Actually, they film a ton of stuff in Canada now. The tax breaks they get up there are pretty huge, so a lot of movies film up there now.

JDHTEACH said...

I am so happy you are enjoying your time. I love you.

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...