Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Memories

The kids have been working on a blog about memories in regards to their dad.  So, I thought I'd jot down a memory I have of Jason so the kids can look at it and laugh later.

Jason and I met in Graduate school.  We were both going for our masters in Education Administration.  We met over the summer of 1996 in one of the classes.  I noticed that he and I were grouped alot in small groups during one of our classes.  I was never brave enough to say anything, and I'm not sure what was keeping him from saying anything outside of class but we didn't talk much.  One day, my older sister got a really great deal on American Airlines to fly up to New York to visit my younger sister but I was going to have to miss a class.  So, I asked Jason if I could copy his notes when I got back and of course he said yes.

When I returned from my trip, I got the notes copied and we started talking after that.  Not too long after that we exchanged numbers because we were going to be in a study group (thought that was kinda smooth on his part), and we started talking regularly.  He invited me to a party at his house one weekend, but my grandfather fell ill and we had to go to Oklahoma on short notice and I left his number at my apartment.  I felt horrible because I couldn't call Jason and let him know that I couldn't make it.  He gave me a hard time about it until I explained what happened, and boy am I glad he forgave me. 

I thought he was cute and considerate, he liked my laugh and my legs.  That's why at his funeral I wore a dress that showed off my legs.  He loved pink, and he made me promise that I wouldn't wear black.  So my dress was hot pink and it showed off my legs.

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...