Saturday, July 9, 2011

Summer Growth Spurts

Tonight the kids wanted me to measure them for the first time this summer.  I then, got curious and got on the Internet to see about what was average for the kids their age.  For Caroline, I looked at average heights for 8 year olds, and for Jack average height for 10 year olds (he's 10 1/2) and then 11 year olds. Looking at their school pictures, they look just about right. 

Jack measured in at 5 feet 1 inch.  The bummer part about that is he's about 4 inches shorter than me.  I knew he was going to be taller than me, but I never thought it would be sometime around the age of 11.  Jason was 4 feet 11 in 5th grade, according to the paperwork his mom found.  Average 10 year olds should be about 4 feet 8 inches, and 11 year olds should be 5 feet 2 inches.  So he's about right for an 11 year old except he's 10 1/2.  Oh well.

Caroline measured at 4 feet 7 inches.  Average for 7 year olds was 4 feet 3 inches and 8 year olds were 4 feet 3 inches to 4 feet 7 inches.  So she's at the top of her range for 8 year olds (her birthday is coming up soon). 

Needless to say, they're growing at a good rate.  Now, I just need to get taller to keep up.  I just know I'm going to be the shortest in the family one day.

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...