Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I have him so snowed!

Jack has recently gotten into online stuff. He plays Xbox Live with his buddies and has his iPod touch. I have allowed these things only after having a discussion with him about being responsible (like never accepting a friend request from someone you don't know, ordering something without telling me, or getting an app without telling me). He knows that if he does any of those things without telling me, I'll take the whole thing away. I've taken one game away already because he's a jerk after he plays it (well, I gave it back after we talked about why ivtook it and what needs to japan in order to keep it. So far he's done great!). Also, while was on vacation, my sister got him a fun App for his iPod to keep him entertained on the flight. He insisted she text me to tell me, and didn't relax until she had done it.

So, last night he comes in and starts asking about Netflix. He has it on his iPod and has watched a lot of his favorite tv shows that he likes. He was asking about how much it costs and if it was a monthly thing or just an episode by episode thing. Eventhough I was baffled by the conversation I pretended not to he. Finally, jack asked, "is it just like Xbox Live where you can see what I've messages everyone?". Lying, I said, "yeah, I can check and see what movies or tv shows we've watched. And I can see who's watched what. For example, I know you and Caroline have watched Iron Man 2 recently.". With that he admitted that he'd been watching episodes of Family Guy (which he knows is off limits. Sure enough, when I opened up Netflix on my iPod, it asked if I wanted to resume watching Family Guy.

He was so sorry, and I pretended to know all about it. He asked if I was mad, and I said,"no. I'm just glad that you were honest about it. I would have been mad had I had to come talk to you and ask you to admit it. but you were honest. Thanks."

He promised not to do it again and walked out. For the next 20 minutes, he kept coming back to apologize."

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...