Saturday, June 18, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

I have come to dread Father's Day.  It brings to the forefront for the kids just what they don't have anymore.  Sure, we make cards (thanks to Caroline's artistic abilities) for the Fathers in our lives (Pa, Pa-Pa, Grandaddy, Uncle David, Uncle Eric, Uncle Joe, Kevin), but there is one dad missing...their own.  I am usually sad about that, but try not to show it to them, there's no reason to be.  Like I've said before, I can talk about Jason in regards to our relationship but cannot bring myself to talk about in regards to the kids.

He'd be extremely proud of them.  I know he would be.  And I know that he sees that, I just wish they could see that.  Thanks to a friend of my older sister they now have a copy of his blog that shows them how much they meant to him.  It also shows them how hard he fought for them.  In regards to that a big thank you goes out to Uncle Jeff, who gave the greatest gift a human being can give to another...life.  Thanks to his contribution to the fight, Caroline can remember her dad.

So, Happy Father's Day Jason.  You'd be proud of your kids.

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...