Sunday, August 22, 2010

She got a lot more than grounded for that one.

Yesterday, Caroline had me text a friend of mine to see if her daughter could come and play with Caroline.  Every 5 minutes (for about 30 minutes) after I sent the email Caroline would come in and inquire if I'd received a response.  I reassured her that I would call her as soon as I got one.

Time passed and I was able to keep her somewhat occupied with a shoe shopping trip and some back to school stuff.  Late in the afternoon, she started up again asking if I'd received a response.  Mine was the same, I'd let her know when I heard.  But finally, the waiting had gotten to be too much.

She came in and demanded that I text again.  I told her I would not re-text the message and that she should just accept that it was too late in the day.  Yeah, that went over well.  I knew she was frustrated, so I kept my patience when she got snippy.  I reassured her that I would let her know as soon as I knew. 

She pushed it a little too far when she said, "Damn straight you will!" and then looked at me as soon as the words came out of mouth with the most shocked look.  She then took off because she knew what was coming.  We went through the same routine we usually do when she says a bad word, then she was sent to her room for the rest of the evening.  She was grounded until in the morning and couldn't watch television or play with her crayons (which believe me is a punishment for her). 

She's been a little better today.

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...