Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Funny sayings.

Okay, so I've thought of this crazy idea that I'm going to do with my students this year that will help me take a technology grade and give extra credit in math or science (the two subjects I teach).  So I was researching some funny quotes the other day and came across this one.  You have to truly appreciate science to find this funny, but for some reason on the day I was looking I got a good giggle out of this one.  I can't use it for this particular lesson because it mentions Hell, but I thought it was funny.

There are no physicists in the hottest parts of hell, because the existence of a 'hottest part' implies a temperature difference, and any marginally competent physicist would immediately use this to run a heat engine and make some other part of hell comfortably cool. This is obviously impossible. ~Richard Davisson

1 comment:

MJP & SJP said...

That's pretty funny!

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...