Friday, July 16, 2010

Shocked and Saddened.

When I got home on Wednesday evening, I checked email and saw a very shocking news.  One of the Reverends at my church had passed away quite suddenly.  I was very sad about this because it was the gentleman who had visited Jason and Jack when they were in the hospital.  He was there the night Jason passed away and provided comforting words and support.  He was the kind of pastor who listened and didn't say anything unless he thought it would help or comfort.  There were several times he didn't say anything at all, he just listened.  I hope that his family can be comforted in the same way that he comforted so many people in their time of darkness and stress.

Thanks for all you did Reverend Shamblin.

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...