Saturday, July 31, 2010

Feeling somewhat guilty

As I sit here tonight and get ready to blog, I'm feeling a little guilty.  You see, I've just come back from dinner and a movie with a friend and then a friend of hers.  It was a lot of fun.  I wasn't thrilled with the movie, but the time spent talking with the two other women was a lot of fun.  I found myself having to think of things to ask about so that I could be a part of the fun.  It's been a long time since I was able to do that.  That's why I feel guilty.

Why you ask?  Why should I feel guilty going out with some friends and having a nice dinner, conversation, and seeing a movie?  Because if Jason were here right now it wouldn't have happened.  Not that Jason wouldn't have let me go or encouraged me to go, he always encouraged it.  But I wouldn't have gone and left him alone.  I couldn't go out and have fun with him stranded (and he would've been stranded) and alone.  You see, Caroline went with me and stayed at the friend's house and Jack went with his grandparents to a birthday party.  So Jason would have been home alone, and that wouldn't have flown with me.

So, I sit here happy about my experience tonight but guilty because of what had to happen so that I could have that feeling.  Right or wrong it's how I feel.

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...