Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Such the considerate boy.

There's a house in our neighborhood that waters their yard almost daily (I usually only water for longer periods of time two days a week -trash days- so that in case of drought again my yard won't suffer). Most people in our neighborhood practice this concept as well. Water for short periods of time every day.

For the past couple of weeks as we are leaving the neighborhood in the morning, Jack has noticed that this one sprinkler at this house is broken (water is shooting straight up in the air). He wondered why no one fixed it. When I suggested that they might not know it's broken, he said, "Well, I'll write them a note and we can take Maggie for a walk tonight. I"ll carry the note with me and when we get to their house I'll put it in their mailbox."

I was thinking it was nice because of the amount of the water bill, but Jack was thinking about the wastefulness of the whole thing.

Such a considerate boy.

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...