Friday, May 28, 2010

Field Day

It's a rite of passage for many students as the school year draws to a close: Field Day. I strongly dislike Field Day, but after all it's not for me. The 6th graders at my school do Buddy Field Day. In the morning, they are paired with another 6th grader and 2 kindergartners. The 6th grade buddies walk around with their kindergarten buddies and help them navigate the playground activities. In the afternoon, they switch and instead of helping the older kids, they run the stations.

So on this wonderful day they are outside, a good portion of the day. from 8:30-10:30 with the buddies and then 12:30-2:30 running the stations. It is so hot and miserable in the afternoon. Especially today. It was 90 degrees by 11:00, and of course it feels hotter. It's also humid beyond belief for May. This doesn't bode well for the summer.

I'm off to the afternoon sessions. I hope no one suffers heat stroke or sun stroke.

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...