Saturday, November 14, 2009

Goodbye Pirate Red. You were a great fish.




Jack's fish, Pirate Red, died this week. If a fish could have an obituary, this would be it:


Pirate Red: DOP (Date of Purchase): 05-2007 DOP (Date of Passing) 11/12/2009. Pirate Red was a good buddy. He had a lot of personality for a Beta Fish. He would swim up to meet me when I fed him, and would fan out his fins when he saw the intruder fish (actually his reflection in the glass when the light came on -- Hey , no one said he was a smart fish). Eventhough my mom fed him most of the time, I loved him. He kept me company at night when the house was quiet. He led a quiet life. He spent most of his time brooding at the bottom of the bowl, only to swim around when the lights came on. Although he was a solitary creature by nature, he was loved by me. I will miss my buddy. I loved you Pirate Red. I hope you're happy in Heaven. Love, Jack.


PS: My new Beta Fish, Charlie, says hello.

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...