Friday, September 11, 2009

The next Jack Huffman -Center

This is Jack's second year to play Upward flag football. He really likes it. It's our compromise: he wants to tackle, but we don't want him to until jr. high. If he's really meant to play football he won't have any trouble catching up.

Lately, he's been put in the center or middle linebacker position and this bums him out because he wants to be the quarterback. The following is an email that I received today from Jason about their most recent conversation about that:

Jack said: I'm not good enough to play QB.

Jason: don't worry about it. Linemen get to dish out the punishment. QB's have to TAKE punishment.

Jack said: HEHEHE YEAH!!!

Jason: I told him about the time I tattooed a guy into the cheerleaders. I hit him so hard he lost a shoe. I launched my body like a missile into his chin... I said, Jack... do you think a QB could hit someone like that? He said...hehe..NO!

I also told him about when his PA layed out his own QB in practice... Knocked him out of his shoes... knocked him unconscious... and knocked out three of his QB'S teeth...one hit.

Jack said: RRRRREEEEAAAALLLLLYYYYYY!!!!!

No only that Jack, but football PAID for Pa's college.

Jack - REALLY??

So being a lineman isn't all that bad huh Jack?

Jack - No it's not.

And you know what position Pa played?

Jack: YEAH ---CENTER!

So you are the next JACK HUFFMAN --- CENTER

Jack -- YEAH!!!

All was good with the world.

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...