Thursday, June 28, 2012

This week has gone by very slowly without my Baby G.  She's been at camp since Sunday, and gauging the images I see on the website, having an awesome time.  I don't doubt that there are times she misses home, but she knows I'll be there on Saturday to pick her up.  She is so not like me in the camp department.  I made myself sick being homesick for my house, my mom, and my room.  I think I only went twice, and that was one time too many.  Jack is the same way as me.  I'm hoping he grows out of that when it's time to him to fly away.  I don't want him to be like myself or Jason.  We didn't go too far away from home, for one reason or another. 

Jack and I have had a good week though.  We've talked about a lot of things that I think he's old enough to know about.  For example, we went out and about on Tuesday when the lady came to clean the house (I always feel in her way when she's here).  We ran a couple of errands, went to the library, and then I had my yearly gynelogical exam appointment.  He sat in the waiting room watching a movie on my iPad while I went in.  He knew the gist of the appointment and why it's important for me to go.  When I got out I had to make some phone calls in regards to a procedure I'm going to have done, and had to make the calls before the people I needed help from made other plans.  So, unfortunately, Jack heard the conversations.  He asked really good questions about why I needed a biopsy before the procedure and I was honest with him.  I always tell him that if he has the courage to ask a hard question, he'll get the answer no matter how hard it is to answer him.  So I told him I needed the biopsy to make sure there were no pre-cancerous cells, because if there were we would go a different route.  His response was normal, "If you get cancer, my life is O-V-E-R."  To which I repsonded that if it was Pre-canerous (meaning I didn't have cancer, but it was possible a few years down the road) then I would have the whole uterus removed.  No questions, no discussion.  He was much better after that, but still curiuos.  I also called Kevin to tell him about it, which Jack questioned that.  It was a good lesson on communication with partners.  He had examples of that when Jason was alive, but now that he's older and can better understand it he's learning.  I can use the examples of Jason and I, plus Kevin and I so that he can see it wasn't just with Jason, but in all relationships.

After the appointment we went to the Dallas World Aquarium to escape the Texas heat.  It was a really good day, I must say.

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...