Monday, January 31, 2011

If I stop long enough to listen.

This week has been a horrible week professionally.  It was really difficult at work to maintain focus on the end result--getting kids ready for 7th grade.  It was the first time in a long time that I missed Jason so much even my anti-anxiety medicine didn't help.  I missed being able to go home and tell him what was going on and for him to look at me and say, "Sweetheart, it'll be okay.  I know that this is bothering you but here's what wrong about this situation.  You are an excellent teacher because (he would give several examples)."  If an email needed to be sent, he'd know exactly what to say.  I miss that. 

But during the past week, I feel that he did tell me that.  As I'd lay in bed before going to sleep, I'd think about the day and always be thankful for my kids.  Jack kept telling me reassuring things and asking about how my day had gone.  He'd sometimes try and think of things I could do that would make work nicer.  Caroline wrote a story about "Mommy Frog"at school and how she fought bullies during the day. 

If I stopped long enough to listen he was there.  Telling me it would be alright, because I had my children.

No comments:

Unexpected Wisdom: Hearing Life's Messages in the Unlikeliest of Places

 It's been a little over a year when I made a decision that put me on a path of rediscover.  I recently had an encounter with a former a...